Nordx Belden IBDN QCBIX1A 25 Pair Distribution connector
The BIX Distribution Connector is a 25-pair connector.The connector’s symmetrical construction allows termination of cables on one side and cross-connect jumper wires or BIX patch cords on the other. Each BIX connector is equipped with 50 double-ended Insulation Displacement Connection (IDC) clips for terminating plastic insulated solid copper conductors without stripping.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
• Robust and installer-friendly design to reduce installation costs
• High-density connector to reduce installation space requirements
• Staggered IDC clips to ensure superior transmission performance
• Built-in pair splitters to facilitate wire insertion
• Fully enclosed clips in the plastic housing to prevent injuries and protect connections
• Snap into BIX Mounts for easy insertion and removal
• Mix and match modular flexibility to accommodate different installation size requirements.
• Housing material: fire-retardant thermoplastic rated UL94V-0, beige
• IDC clip: copper alloy with tin plating over nickel.
Mechanical CharacteristicsIDC Clip
• Gas-tight connection — insulation slicing of 22,24 and 26 AWG (0.64, 0.5 and 0.4 mm) plastic
insulated solid copper conductors
• Durability: 200 insertions of anycombinationof wire gauge.
• Dielectric strength: 1,000 V RMS at 60 Hz for 1 minute
• Current rating: 1.5 A maximum
• Insulation resistance: 100 M minimum between clips
• Contact resistance: 1 m per contact.